Ready to graduate? Congratulations!
Here’s what you need to do to graduate and participate in the Commencement ceremony.
Apply for Graduation
- Log on to Banner
- Click on the Graduation Application under the Student Services & Financial Aid tile.
- When your application has been completed and electronically signed, click “Submit Form.”
If you plan to continue taking courses after completing your current program of study, make sure you complete a new admissions application for your new program.
You will want to apply for graduation prior to your last semester of studies, or by April 1 if you plan to participate in the Spring Commencement – whichever comes first.
After you have successfully applied for graduation, you can register for commencement. Please visit Student Commencement for more information on how to do so.
Note: Participation in the Commencement ceremony is not mandatory. Physical awards will not be distributed during the ceremony, please see instructions below on how to receive your graduation award.
When you walk in front of the stage to receive your award, you’ll receive a blue diploma cover. Your award(s) will be available for pickup at the OneStop Center of Bldg. 100 as noted below, according to the term in which you complete all academic requirements.
- Fall 2021 diplomas will be available beginning Tuesday, February 1, 2022
- Spring 2022 diplomas will be available beginning Friday, July 1, 2022
- Summer 2022 diplomas will be available beginning Thursday, September 1, 2022
Once you have completed all academic requirements (grades posted and graduation audit completed), your degree/diploma/certificate award(s) will be posted in the college student records database system and will be reflected on your transcript, which you can see online at Gwinnett Tech Banner.
- Login at Gwinnett Tech Banner (enter your user ID and PIN #)
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Submit
- Your transcript is now displayed. GPA information is at the end of the transcript.
Questions? Contact Graduation Services at 678-226-6718 or GraduationOffice@GwinnettTech.edu.
Once again, congratulations on your achievement and we wish you well!