Air Conditioning Technology
The purpose of this hands-on Air Conditioning / HVAC training program is to provide students with a foundation of knowledge and technically oriented experiences in the application of technology systems. Our HVAC training program prepares students to install and service residential and light commercial air conditioning and heating systems.
What does an HVAC Technician do?
- Follow blueprints or other design specifications to install or repair HVAC systems
- Connect systems to fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components
- Install electrical wiring and controls and test for proper operation
- Inspect and maintain customers’ HVAC systems
- Assembly and installation of pipes, ducts, motors, compressors, electronic control devices and thermostats
- Air conditioning and heating concepts and technologies
- Control, treatment and transmission of air flow and controls
- Installation, troubleshooting and repair of heat pumps, high efficiency and standard furnaces, and refrigeration units and air conditioning systems
- Proper techniques of refrigerant recovery, reclaiming and recycling
- Residential and commercial applications
What are my program options?
- Air Conditioning Technology, AAS
- Air Conditioning Technology, Diploma
- Air Conditioning Electrical Technician Certificate
- Air Conditioning System Maintenance Technician Certificate
- Natural Gas Technician, Certificate
- Refrigeration System Service Technician Certificate
Take the first step toward a career in Air Conditioning Technology and apply for next semester! Important dates and deadlines are listed to get you started and if you’re looking for ways to pay for your education, explore our scholarships for this program. You can also learn about our faculty and clubs and organizations to join!
Our Air conditioning Technology advisory board will provide you with relevant, industry-specific curriculum for today’s high-demand careers.
Can I work while I learn?
Class schedules are designed to encourage student employment in the HVAC industry while taking classes.
What career options will I have?
- Equipment Installer
- Service Technician
- Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Sales Representative
- Refrigeration Mechanic
- Field Service Representative
- Commercial Maintenance
How much will it cost?
Gwinnett Tech offers affordability at $100 per credit hour + fees. Great opportunities for scholarships and financial aid with HOPE Grant, HOPE scholarship, HOPE Career Grants and more!