Gwinnett Technical College welcomes our Military Servicemen and military spouses!  Whether you are just starting or furthering your college education, Gwinnett Technical College is committed to helping you achieve your academic goals. We have dedicated this page to you to help support your success.

Getting Started

Be Accepted to Gwinnett Technical College

Complete the online application and submit the required documentation (proof of residency and lawful presence, official high school transcripts/HS equivalency, and official transcripts of any other previous college coursework).

Determine Eligibility

Tuition assistance, credentialing assistance, and MyCAA are for active duty and some reservists. Contact your Education Services Officer (ESO) to determine your eligibility and process.

Complete the Process

Each branch has requirements specific to its programs. Review dates and deadlines with your ESO to determine what your next steps are. Gwinnett Technical College is required to abide by the requirements of each branch.

Students must register themselves for their courses prior to the start of the term in order to be eligible for tuition assistance.

Approval of your education path, as well as your acceptance to Gwinnett Tech and course registration, must be completed during priority/early registration.


How much will my TA cover my tuition and fees?
Please visit your service website or check with your Education Service Officer (ESO) to determine the amount covered by TA.

Are there any dates/deadlines for TA?
Approval of your education path, as well as your acceptance to Gwinnett Tech and course registration, must be completed during priority/early registration.

Are there additional funding sources for military service members and spouses?
Federal Financial aid-

Gwinnett Tech Scholarships and Assistance-

For military spouses-

What’s the difference between tuition assistance and Department of Veteran Affairs education benefits?
Tuition assistance is available to enlisted service members. Veteran benefits are available after ending military service. Some veteran education benefits can be used with TA. Your ESO can assist you in determining what you are eligible for.

Where can I find information on financial aid? 
For more information on how to apply for financial aid and the college’s deadlines for completing the financial aid application, please visit the Gwinnett Tech  Financial Aid page.

Where can I receive job search support?
Students are encouraged to visit our Career Services Department for assistance to learn more about the department’s services

What happens to my TA (tuition assistance) if I withdraw from my classes?
You may be required to repay any funds as a result of a W or F in your courses. Please review the TA guidelines for your branch.

Information regarding the TCSG return of funds can be found here:  Where do I find more information about the college’s program offerings and how to obtain credentials in a given field?
Review our Programs of Study to see what programs are offered and any additional admission requirements.

Military Support Staff

Office of Military and Veteran Support

Building 100, Room 321

Bursar Office Staff

Runia Rahman

Accounting Technician

Tuition Assistance Compliance Officer

Bursar Office