Class of 2023 Commencement Ceremony
On Commencement Day
College regalia will be ready and available at the campus store. Please visit: http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/gwinnetttech/ to order your cap and gown.
Parking is FREE for all graduates and guests.
Graduates will park in Deck 3 (GPS address: 2693 Meadow Church Rd., Duluth, GA 30097)
Guests will park in Lot A and Deck 2 (GPS address: 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097)
Assembly of Graduates
Graduates must arrive by 9 a.m. with no purses, backpacks, or any other items. Graduates will enter the building via the rear of the Gas South Arena (formerly Infinite Energy), the loading dock area (see map), where they will check in. After checking in, graduates will immediately proceed to their program-designated seats in the staging area.
- When prompted by the college marshals, the graduate’s row will proceed to line up for the calling of the graduate’s name.
- Graduates will walk to the announcement area and hand their name card to the graduate name announcer.
- When the graduate’s name is called, they will proceed across the stage and stop to receive their diploma cover, they will then continue across to be congratulated by the President.
- Graduates will then walk back to their seats, following the marshals’ instructions.
Request for graduate or guest(s) accommodations can be made through the personalized MarchingOrder ceremony registration link which was sent to your student email.
For additional questions or concerns,please email Lisa Richardson at LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu.
For additional information regarding Accessibility at the Gas South Center (formerly Infinite Energy), please click the link https://www.gassouthdistrict.com/home/accessibility.
Guest Safety and Security Measures
Doors open for guests at 10 a.m. Upon entry into Gas South Arena (formerly Infinite Energy), all guests will be required to have clear bags. They will be checked and passed through a metal detector. Metal detectors are an effective method for Event Security to safely screen guests and prevent prohibited items from entering the building. In order to increase the efficiency of these machines, guests are asked to keep the following guidelines in mind when attending an event:
- Arrive early in preparation for additional security measures
- Only clear bags are allowed; Limit the number of personal items brought into the venue in order to expedite the screening process
- Make sure you have your ticket in hand and prepare for a bag check by Event Security
- Place your cell phone, camera, and clear bag on the screening table and prepare to walk through the metal detector. Guests will be subject to a secondary screening process if the alarm sounds when passing through the walk-through metal detector.
- An alternative security screening is available to guests who are: expectant mothers, need assistance, or have a medical condition. Please see Gas South’s Safety and Security Measures site for additional information.
No backpacks, balloons, large posters, or noisemakers will be allowed inside the venue. Cameras allowed.
To request disability-related accommodations, please contact Juan Wilson at JWilson@GwinnettTech.edu or Lisa Richardson at LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu. Students and guests may request additional accommodations outside of Deaf and Hard of Hearing requests. All accommodation requests for graduates and guests must be submitted by June 7, 2021.
For additional information regarding Accessibility at the Gas South Center, please click the link https://www.gassouthdistrict.com/home/accessibility.
You are required to wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
Appropriate dress for graduation includes dark, comfortable shoes with a low heel, and dark pants or a dark dress. White and light-colored tops are appropriate as they will be covered by your cap and gown. Those students wearing a dress shirt are encouraged to wear a tie.
GradImages will photograph all graduates at the Gwinnett Tech commencement ceremony. You may visit the company’s website and click on the Pre-Event E-mail Registration to register your e-mail address.
After graduation, you may order photos online at www.GradImages.com or by calling 1-800-261-2576.
Congratulations on your achievement! We wish you well!