See the Operations Update page to view the temporary admissions changes associated with COVID-19 operations.
Admission Requirements Checklist
- You’re ready to apply, but there are a few details to take care of first.
- Be sure to read through the detailed steps below.
- If you have any questions, feel free to call the Recruitment Center at 678-226-6751 or send an email to GTCRecruitment@GwinnettTech.edu.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to apply; several programs have higher age requirements.
- Cosmetology and health program applicants must be at least 17.
- Paramedic technology applicants must be 18 years old upon completion of the program.
- Students participating in the Dual Enrollment program must be a minimum of age 14 by the first day of the semester.
- They must be approved and classified as a 10th, 11th or 12th grader by an eligible high school
- Dual Enrollment Students must meet all other Gwinnett Tech admissions requirements
- Please visit the Dual Enrollment Admissions page. For more information, please contact DualEnrollment@Gwinnetttech.edu
Steps to Complete Your Admissions File
- Apply Now!
- Pay the one-time $25 non-refundable application fee. (If the application fee was previously paid, you do not need to submit another application fee)
Submit Proof of Residency and/or Lawful Presence
Residency/Lawful Presence Requirements
- In accordance with Georgia HB 87 and Technical College System of Georgia policy, all applicants for admissions and re-admissions for Spring Semester 2012 and beyond, who seek to be classified as in-state or out-of-state for tuition purposes, are required to provide proof of lawful presence in the United States
- Students must provide the proper documentation to prove residency status and lawful presence
- Residency status will determine tuition rate. See tuition rates
- In order to qualify for the in-state tuition rate, students must do the following
- Establish domicile in Georgia and reside in Georgia for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the start date of the term you intend to enroll
- Be a US Citizen
- Any non-citizen student requesting to pay at the in-state tuition rate will be required to provide verification of their lawful presence in the United States to be classified as an in-state student or awarded an out-of-state tuition waiver
- TCSG procedure 6.2.2p: “Each college shall be responsible for the verification of the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted student applying for Georgia resident tuition status as required by state and federal immigration laws.”
Submit Official Transcripts
High School Graduates
- Submit your official high school transcript showing the graduation date
- The transcript can be mailed or hand delivered in a sealed envelope
- High school transcripts from Georgia can be requested electronically through GAfutures.org
- The high school must be accredited by an agency included on the TCSG approved accreditation list. View approved accreditation list.
- High school Certificates of Attendance or other certificates, credentials, or documents where the student did not complete all required coursework or testing required for a high school diploma in that state are not recognized for admission purposes
High School Equivalency (GED, HISET etc.) Graduates
- Submit your high school equivalency transcript showing passing scores on all sections of the test
- Official high school equivalency transcripts can be mailed or hand delivered in a sealed envelope
- They can be requested electronically at TCSG.edu/adult-education
Home School Students
- Submit your home school transcript showing the junior and senior years and a graduation date
- Home school students from Georgia must also submit a copy of the Declaration of Intent from the final home school year
- Home school students from outside of Georgia must submit placement test scores that show program readiness. (Test scores cannot fall in the provisional range).
- Submit final college transcripts from all previously attended institutions regardless of length of attendance or completion of courses
- Students submitting transcripts with in-progress grades must submit the final transcript showing final grades
- Pending transcript review, students with more than 12 semester hours or 18 quarter hours of coursework completed with a C or better may be exempt from submitting the high school transcript
- Official high school and college transcripts can be mailed or hand delivered in a sealed envelope
Students with International Coursework
- Submit an official foreign transcript evaluation and copies of transcripts translated in English
- The foreign transcript evaluation agency used must be accredited by NACES
- View the list of NACES accredited evaluation agencies.
- Foreign transcript evaluations must be sent by mail. Foreign transcript evaluations may not be emailed
- Transcripts translated in English may be emailed to AdmissionsDocs@GwinnettTech.edu, mailed in, or hand delivered
Submit Application Materials the following ways
- Hand delivered to the Recruitment Center located in Building 100, Room 601
- Mailed to the address below
- Gwinnett Technical College ATTN: Admissions Office 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway Lawrenceville GA 30043
- Submit transcripts electronically to AdmissionsDocs@GwinnettTech.edu through eScrip-SAFE, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse
- Transcripts cannot be faxed or emailed to the applicant’s personal email
- Opened transcripts are considered unofficial and cannot be used
Submit Official Placement Test Scores
- We accept a variety of placement exams
- The exam/score you need depends of the program to which you apply
- Selected programs may also require additional testing or evaluation
- Review our test requirements to see which test/score you need
- If you apply to an associate’s degree, diploma or certificate program, you must take the ACCUPLACER Placement exam unless you have acceptable SAT, ACT or COMPASS scores taken within the past five years
- Minimum Scores for Admission:
Minimum scores for admission to associate's degree programs:
|Writing and Language 17
||Intermediate Algebra 37
||Quantitative Reasoning 245
Minimum scores for admission to diploma or certificate programs:
|Writing and Language 15
- Official SAT scores
- SAT scores can be mailed in a sealed envelope to Gwinnett Tech from the College Board
- SAT Scores can be sent electronically to Gwinnett Tech from Collegeboard.org
- Official ACT scores
- ACT scores can be mailed in a sealed envelope to Gwinnett Tech from ACT
- ACT scores can be sent electronically to Gwinnett Tech from ACT.org
- Gwinnett Tech administers the ACCUPLACER in the Assessment Center located
- The scores must meet the minimum score requirement for your program level
Check the Status of your Admissions Application
- Check the status of your application on our website: MyGwinnettTech.force/
- Please allow up to 7 – 10 business days or longer for admissions items to be reviewed and added to your admissions file
Apply for Financial Aid