Thank you for choosing Gwinnett Technical College to further your education! Our office is committed to helping you finance your education in a timely manner. We understand that the process can be daunting, but our staff is here to assist you in any way that we can.
You must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year to be considered for federal or state aid. Always include the school code (016139) on the FAFSA, and if possible, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to reduce errors on your application. Visit FAFSA.gov and apply today!
Watch the videos below for information about the FAFSA and for additional FAFSA resources, please visit our FAFSA Help page.
- Submit the FAFSA
- Complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA for the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021 semesters
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA for the Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 semesters
- Check Your Email
- Check the email address you used on the FAFSA 3-5 business days after you submit your application. We will send a notification that lists additional requirements, and how to obtain them on your Student Banner Account. For assistance with Student Banner navigation, click the FAQ’s and How-To’s link on the left panel.
- Submit the Requested Documents
- You must be accepted into a Financial Aid eligible program of study before we review your file and award funds. The Financial Aid process can be lengthy; it can take 2-4 weeks to review your eligibility. Please submit the requested documents as soon as possible.
- Check Your Student Banner Account
- Updates to your Financial Aid file can happen at any time. Review your Student Banner Account periodically for updates and award offers.
- Accept Your Awards
- Once you are accepted into a Financial Aid eligible program and your documents have been reviewed, we will send an award letter email to your GwinnettTech.edu account.
- Review Financial Aid Authorizations
- The Financial Aid Office will authorize your aid based on your enrollment status. Funds are disbursed to the Account Summary by Term in Banner after the semester begins. If your “Authorized Aid” balance is greater than the “Account Balance,” or tuition and fees owed to the college, then you do not have to take further action. Please click on the FAQ’s and How-To’s link on the left panel for more information.
Beginning with the 2019-2020 award year the financial aid forms will be in electronic format through Dynamic Forms. You will need to log into your Banner account to view your outstanding requirements and click on the link to access Dynamic Forms. Your electronic forms will not be reviewed until all requirements have been submitted. To access your banner account click here: Student Banner Account. If you have not applied to be a student at Gwinnett Technical College you will not have access to student email, Banner or Dynamic Forms.
If you are considered to be a dependent student (according to your FAFSA), before you are directed to your form, you must first provide your parent’s contact information. Your parent will receive an email inviting them to create a log-on, then they would be able to review and electronically sign after you have completed your portion.
All electronic forms can only be submitted once. Forms can be saved and re-visited if necessary. If you made a mistake on your form and would like to submit a new form, please email the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com to let us know.
Cannot access dynamic forms (log-in not working)
Please ensure you are using Google Chrome as your web-browser.
- Close everything that is open on your computer/device.
- Open Google Chrome and clear your browsing history.
- Click on the icon at the top right of the browser (three vertical dots)
“customize and control Google Chrome”
- Select “history”
- Select “clear browsing data” (located on the far-right column)
- Ensure the following are checked:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Click on “Clear data”
- Click on the icon at the top right of the browser (three vertical dots)
- Open your Banner account and go to your required documents (Note: if you are trying to access a “rejected” document, you would need to open your student email and click on the link provided in the email to access the document)
Supporting Document Upload
- If supporting documents are required, you will need all the required documents prior to submitting the form.
- Acceptable file formats are: PDF, Images (.jpg, .gif, .png), and Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx). Maximum file size is 25MB.
- PDF documents are preferred but require the free Adobe® Reader® software to be installed on your machine. (Download and install the software if you do not currently have it installed).
- Multiple page documents should be saved as one file. For help with how to combine your files into one please click on one of these links for instructions: Windows, iPhone and iPad, Android.
- If you are having trouble with uploading your supporting documents please stop by the One-stop to see an Enrollment Support Advisor or email the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application must be completed every year using the Gwinnett Tech school code, 016139.
- Visit IRS Get Transcript to get your IRS issued transcripts for verification.
- Request a Selective Service Status Information Letter.
- Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory
- Be a regularly admitted student enrolled in an eligible program of study
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen (verification of eligible non-citizen status may be required)
- Be a high school graduate or have a recognized equivalent (official high school transcript, GED certificate, etc.)
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe an over payment on a FSA grant or loan;
- Not have borrowed in excess of the annual or aggregate loan limits for FSA;
- Be registered with the Selective Service (if required);
- Be satisfying Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards;
- Have a valid Social Security number;
- Not have been convicted of an illegal drug-related offense committed while receiving financial aid. If convicted, the student must visit the FAFSA website to complete the FAFSA. The student will be asked about their drug conviction status and provided a “Drug Worksheet” to complete in order to determine eligibility. Additional help is available by calling 800-4FED-AID (800-433-3243);
- Be enrolled at least half-time if applying to receive Federal Direct Loan funding;
- Not be incarcerated;
- Certify the federal student aid will only be used for educational purposes;
- And demonstrate financial need for the Pell program or subsidized loans.
- Students must apply for federal student aid every year. In order to determine financial aid eligibility, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Gwinnett Technical College Federal School Code is 016139.
Fall 2020 Semester
- Fall 2020 Semester Priority FAFSA Filing Deadline: Monday, May 11, 2020
- Fall 2020 Semester Priority Registration Tuition/Fee Payment Deadline: Monday, July 20, 2020 (5:30 p.m. on campus or 11:50 p.m. online)
Fall 2020 C-Semester
- Fall 2020 C-Semester Priority FAFSA Filing Deadline: Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Fall 2020 C-Semester Priority Registration Tuition/Fee Payment Deadline: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 (5:30 p.m. on campus or 11:50 p.m. online)
Spring 2021 Semester
- Spring 2021 Semester Priority FAFSA Filing Deadline: Monday, October 12, 2021
- Spring 2021 Priority Registration Tuition/Fee Payment Deadline: Monday, December 14, 2021 (5:30 p.m. on campus or 11:50 p.m. online)
Spring 2021 C-Semester
- Spring 2021 C-Semester Priority FAFSA Filing Deadline: Friday, January 22, 2021
- Spring 2021 C-Semester Priority Registration Tuition/Fee Payment Deadline: Tuesday, March 9, 202 (5:30 p.m. on campus or 11:50 p.m. online)
Students should complete their FAFSA, using our 016139 school code, as soon as possible.
FAFSAs and requested documents should be submitted to Gwinnett Tech by the Priority File Completion date. This gives the Financial Aid Office time to process and award aid within 2-4 weeks before the tuition/fee payment deadline.
2019-2020 Verification Documentation Deadline: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
2020-2021 FAFSA Completion Deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
2020-2021 Verification Documentation Deadline: Friday, July 2, 2021
Financial Aid may not fully cover your tuition and fee charges. NelNet can make paying out of pocket more manageable, and make completing your program much easier.
The NelNet Payment Plan divides the balance owed to Gwinnett Technical College into smaller, monthly payments. This is not a loan; you don’t pay interest and you won’t need a credit check.
For more information, visit www.MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/Gwinnett
Payments are processed on the 25th of each month for Fall and Spring terms, the end of the month for Summer term, and will continue until the balance is paid in full. Students can choose one of the following methods:
- Automatic bank draft (ACH)
- Credit/debit card. A convenience fee of 2.75% will be assessed.
Cost to Participate
- A non-refundable enrollment fee (varies; see Nelnet schedule for amount)
- Go to www.GTC-Web.org
- Log in to Banner Web
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click on Student Records
- Click on Make a Payment Online
- Select your term
- Click on Pay by Payment Plan with Nelnet
Availability of the payment plan is determined by Gwinnett Technical College and designed to meet the needs of currently enrolled students. Please note, Gwinnett Tech may elect not to have the payment plan available during specific times and dates.
My Payment Plan
My Payment Plan is an online service that allows you to view the status, account balance, and payment amount of your agreement. Once you enroll, access and manage your payment plan here, and follow these instructions.
- Login with your Banner username and password
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click on Student Records
- Click Access your existing Nelnet payment plan
NelNet Business Solutions works in connection with the Gwinnett Tech Bursar Office. Please note that payment amounts could change if any changes are made to your student account balance in Banner. For additional payment details, visit www.MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/Gwinnett.
Nelnet reserves the right to end agreements for defaulted payment plans. Defaulted plans will be turned over to the college and students will incur a $40 non-refundable administrative fee. In addition, a hold will be placed on student accounts with defaulted Nelnet agreements.
Payment plans available on April 21, 2020
|Last Day to Enroll Online||Required Down Payment||Number of Payments||Months of Payments||Enrollment Fee|
|May 8||50%||2||June & July||$15|
|May 14-May 19*||50%||2||June & July||$15|
* This option is available for late registration
Last Date to Increase Agreement Balance:May 19, 2020
Last Date to Decrease Agreement Balance or Terminate Agreement: June 22, 2020
Federal and State Grants are automatically accepted on your behalf in your Student Banner Account. Grants are awarded based on your enrollment status each semester. Loans must be accepted each semester on your Student Banner Account and may require additional actions. Please follow the Federal Funds and State Funds on the left panel for more information.
Financial Aid funds are initially awarded for Fall and Spring semesters only. If you are interested in taking Summer courses and would like to use your remaining aid, please submit the Summer survey. The survey will be available on your Student Banner Account in the early Spring. Please note: if you receive loan disbursements in the Fall and Spring semesters, you may not have loan funds available for the Summer. Please budget accordingly.
**2020-2021 Award Amounts will be posted to your student account beginning the first week of July 2020**
Gwinnett Technical College utilizes a Census Date to determine Pell Grant Eligibility. This date will refer to the point in which your enrollment on Gwinnett Technical College is locked for the semester. This enrollment lock does not apply to any other types of Financial Aid. Student enrollment as of 11:59 on the Census Date will determine Pell Eligibility. If you have a schedule that includes a class in C Term, your PELL Census Date will defer to the C Term Census Date. Any withdrawals prior to that can be subject to your Pell being reduced.
If a student has a schedule that initially includes a Term C class, and decide to drop that class, the Pell Census date will automatically revert back to the Pell Census Date.
New students who are registering during Term C registration will default to the Term C Census Date only.
If you are eligible for HOPE Scholarship, the HOPE Scholarship Request form will be posted to your Student Banner Account. You must complete the dynamic form before any eligible HOPE/ Zell Miller Scholarship funds can be awarded/authorized on your student account. It will take 2-4 weeks to process the survey after all documents have been received. Please use the steps below to locate the document:
- Login to your account on GTC-Web.org
- Click on “Student Services & Financial Aid”
- Go to the Financial Aid Folder
- Click on “My Award Information”
- Select “Award Package for Aid Year”
- Select the applicable Aid Year of “2020-2021”
- Scroll to bottom of the page to the last box and click on “Overall Financial Aid Status” in blue
- Click on “Student Requirements” in blue
- Click on the HOPE Scholarship Request and follow the instructions on how to submit it via Dynamic Forms
- Once you submit the request, please allow our office 2-4 weeks to process
- If you are eligible, you will be notified through your Gwinnett Tech email account
If you have attended Gwinnett Technical College within the last 2 prior term and you received Hope/Zell Scholarship you do not need to complete the form. However, if you are new to the institution or never received Hope/Zell scholarship and fit the below qualification you can complete the dynamic form.
- Accepted into an Associates Program
- 2020-2021 Award Letter has been posted to your student banner account
To qualify for year-round summer Pell Award the student must be enrolled in six (6) credit hours during the summer term. Summer awards will be based on full-time enrollment (12 or Ore credit hours) and award amounts will be adjusted or canceled once enrollment is confirmed and academic progress is reviewed.
Below are scenarios describing how year-round summer Pell Grant is processed. For more information, please contact the Gwinnett Tech Financial Aid Office.
|Scenario 1||Fall 2019||Spring 2020||Summer 2020|
|Enrollment||12 hours||12 hours||3 hours|
|Scenario 2||Fall 2019||Spring 2020||Summer 2020|
|Enrollment||12 hours||9 hours||3 hours|
|Scenario 3||Fall 2019||Spring 2020||Summer 2020|
|Enrollment||12 hours||12 hours||6 hours|
|Scenario 4||Fall 2019||Spring 2020||Summer 2020|
|Enrollment||12 hours||12 hours||12 hours|
Students who have excess Financial Aid funds after their educational costs are covered, can use a portion of the aid in the bookstore. You have up to $600 in Pell and up to $600 in loan funds to use in the Bookstore. Authorizations begin approximately one week before the semester begins, and ends one week after classes start. for Terms A and B only.
Spring Semester 2021
Bookstore Authorization Period:
Monday, January 04, 2021 – Saturday, January 23, 2021
Spring Semester 2021 C-Semester
Bookstore Authorization Period: Term C (Max of $300 Pell and $300 Direct Loan only)
Monday, March 01, 2021 – Saturday, March 13, 2021
Students who have excess Financial Aid funds also may be eligible for a refund. Financial Aid refunds are processed through the Business Office.
Spring 2021 1st Disbursement Refunds will begin being processed on February 12, 2021.
Spring 2021 2nd Disbursement and C-Term Mini-Mester Refunds will begin being processed on April 9, 2021.
For questions regarding refund amounts and disbursement dates, please contact the Business Office directly at 678-226-6700, GTC-BusinessOffice@GwinnettTech.edu, or in-person at the Lawrenceville and Alpharetta-North Fulton campuses.
You can also check refund and disbursements amounts on your Student Banner Account. For more information, click the FAQ’s and How-To’s link on the left panel, or contact the Business Office directly.
Gwinnett Technical College has partnered with Heartland ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. If you were eligible to receive your 1098-T and would like to receive your form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided below and following the step-by-step instructions.
If you were unable to give an electronic consent, then it is likely that Gwinnett Technical College did not create a 1098T form for you. If you have questions about the 1098T form, please contact us at GTC-BusinessOffice@GwinnettTech.edu
1098-T’s will be provided by mail at the end of January 2020.
1098-T Electronic Consent
The benefits of receiving electronic notifications are:
- Online delivery provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online delivery eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
- Students can receive their 1098-T form while traveling or away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, click on the link below and follow the simple instructions to sign up!
- Visit https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/eConsent
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the web form.
- Check the box and click submit.
It’s that easy!
If you want additional information regarding your tax document and would like contact information for Heartland ECSI, please visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html
For additional questions regarding your 1098T form, please contact the Business Office directly at 678.226.6700 or, GTC-BusinessOffice@GwinnettTech.edu, or in-person at the Lawrenceville and Alpharetta-North Fulton campuses.