You’re Almost Ready!
Use the checklist below to make sure you are prepared for the start of classes.
1. Let’s set Up Your Gwinnett Tech Accounts
- Your dashboard is where you will find Banner, Blackboard, Microsoft 365, and your student email.
- Find your log-in information in your acceptance letter. You will need your student ID number.
- Username is the 1st letter of your 1st name, the first 6 letters of your last name, and the last 4 digits of your student ID number. FLLLLLLemail@example.com.
- Watch this video for a quick walkthrough of the process.
- Bookmark the dashboard link in Chrome for easy access
- If you encounter email/Dashboard issues, email us at StuHelpDesk@GwinnettTech.edu. Someone from our IT student help desk will assist you with your log-in issues.
2. Complete New Student Orientation
- Orientation is required for all students new to Gwinnett Tech. We have 3 orientation options for students, in-person, live online, and self-paced online. Each orientation covers the information you need to get started at Gwinnett Tech.
- Orientation should be completed prior to starting classes.
- Start at our orientation page, select the term you are starting at Gwinnett Tech and review your orientation options: https://www.gwinnetttech.edu/enrollment/orientation/
- In-person and live online sessions require that you sign-up for the session and attendance is limited.
- If you are accepted after the live or in-person sessions, you will need to complete the self-paced online orientation.
3. Review Your Program of Study
- Your program of study includes the courses that are required for you to complete your degree at Gwinnett Tech.
- For those who are interested in a competitive healthcare program, the program of study also lists required prerequisite courses and application processes.
- Find your program here: Programs of Study Catalog
- Click on the DegreeWorks icon on your Dashboard to track your progress towards program completion, learn more here: What is Degree Works?
4. Contact Your Enrollment Advising Team
- You are assigned to an enrollment advising team based on your major. Meeting with an enrollment advisor is the best way to prepare for registration and to get assistance regarding financial aid, student records, and residency.
- The scheduling and contact information for all advising teams is located at the bottom of this website: https://www.GwinnettTech.edu/enrollment/one-stop/
- Advisors are currently available by appointment only. The QLess app allows you to make appointments from your phone. https://gwinnetttech.edu/qless
5. Register for Your Courses
- Make sure registration is open- review the academic calendar for registration dates and deadlines: https://www.GwinnettTech.edu/enrollment/academic-calendar/
- Review registration instructions here: https://www.GwinnettTech.edu/enrollment/register-for-classes/
- The Gwinnett Tech YouTube channel has additional videos to assist you in learning how to register for classes. https://www.youtube.com/c/gwinnetttech/videos
- Identify materials for your courses using our bookstore website: https://www.bkstr.com/GwinnettTechnicalStore
6. Pay for Your Courses
- There are a number of ways to pay for college. Gwinnett Tech offers a number of ways to pay for your classes, federal/state aid, no-interest payment plans, and paying out of pocket.
- Your total tuition and fees are based on the number of credits you take and your residency status. You can estimate your total tuition and fees: https://gwinnetttech.edu/enrollment/financial-aid/tuition-fees/
- If using financial aid, review the financial aid page for detailed instructions: https://www.GwinnettTech.edu/enrollment/financial-aid/
- Complete all FAFSA Requirements for the academic year
- The academic year is fall semester, spring semester, and summer term.
- The Gwinnett Tech YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/gwinnetttech/videos) channel has videos about the financial aid process including verification, identifying unsatisfied requirements, and learning if your aid has been applied to your account.
- If you are using our payment plan, NelNet, review the website for more information: https://gwinnetttech.edu/admissions-and-financial-aid/bursar/payment-plans/
- NelNet is only available during priority and late registration periods.
- If you are paying out of pocket for your courses, use the online payment portal in Banner:
- For payment portal assistance, contact the Bursar’s Office at Bursar@GwinnettTech.edu or 678-226-6700
- We have a short video to help you make a payment: Making a Payment
- Review the payment deadlines and make sure your account balance is $0.00. You may be dropped from your classes for non-payment if your balance isn’t covered by the deadline.
Academic and Personal Support at Gwinnett Tech
- Review Blackboard and other student programs
- You can log-in to Blackboard to complete the orientation course. The classes you registered for won’t be available until the first day of the term.
- Log-in to Blackboard and become familiar with the online learning management system Blackboard Basics
- Review online learning resources for Blackboard troubleshooting tips: Blackboard FAQs
- Disability Services Support
- If you have a documented disability and need to request reasonable accommodation, please review our request process here: Disability Services
- For Lawrenceville – contact Lisa Richardson at 678-226-6691
- For Alpharetta-North Fulton – contact Juan Wilson at 470-282-5453
- Tutoring and Academic Support
- Free tutoring is offered for students in Math and English through the Learning Success Center: https://www.GwinnettTech.edu/programs/learning-support/
- Peer tutoring and academic support for students in science courses are offered through the Science Tutoring center. https://gtclibrary.libguides.com/stc
- Contact your department for additional academic support.
- Personal Support
- Free counseling for students 18 years or older, contact 678-226-6628 https://gwinnetttech.edu/student-services/counseling-services/
- Academic support and coaching provided by retention support staff, please email StudentSuccess@GwinnettTech.edu