16 and 17 Year Old Application Requirements

You cannot immediately take the GED® tests. State requirements mandate that you attend classes prior to taking the GED® tests.

In order to apply for classes, documentation is required.

In order to apply, email the following to AdultEdFiles@GwinnettTech.edu

  1. A current, valid, government issued photo ID is required for all students. Acceptable ID’s include a driver’s license from any state, a learner’s permit, a Georgia ID, a passport, military ID or current, valid school ID which contains: name, address, date of birth, signature and photo.
  2. 16- and 17-year-olds must present one of the following:
    • An official withdrawal form (criteria in box below) from the last high school attended, signed and dated by the principal or designee, OR
    • 16 and 17 year olds who receive a “certificate of attendance” must provide a letter from the school system, stating the student is no longer enrolled and not eligible to retake the high school graduation test OR
    • 16 and 17 year olds who receive a special education diploma must provide a copy of their special education diploma OR
    • If home schooled, print and complete the Underage Youth Application for Home School Students.
    • Exceptions may apply.
  3. Print and complete the Underage Youth Application for Program Enrollment and Permission to Take the GED® Test form including signatures and witnesses.
  4. To continue with the registration process, email all documents to AdultEdFiles@GwinnettTech.edu
    The subject of the email should be FirstName LastName HSE Registration Documents
    For example: John Doe HSE Registration Documents
  5. View and understand the Test Approval Process

Withdrawal Form Criteria

All withdrawal forms must contain the following information in order to be accepted:

  • Must be dated.
  • Must have a parent signature for students 16/17 years old.
  • Must be from a high school (NOT a middle school or elementary school).
  • Must have a school administrator’s signature.
  • Must be an original withdrawal from the school
  • Must not be a suspension/panel situation.
  • If home schooled, print and complete the Underage Youth Application for Home School Students.
  • Name on the withdrawal must match student’s ID.
  • Must not be a withdrawal to another school.

Begin Adult Education Application

GED® and GED® Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED® Testing Service. The GED® and GED® Testing Service® brands are administered by GED® Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.