Dual Enrollment at Gwinnett Tech

What Else Should I Know?

1. Is my final grade for a course a numerical-grade or an alpha-grade?

Gwinnett Tech awards whole letter grades at the end of each term (A, B, C, D, and F). Students can view the grading policy in the course catalog and on the course syllabus.

2. If I want my numerical grade sent to my high school, rather than the letter grade, what should I do?

Complete a Numerical Grade Request Form to have the numerical grade sent to the high school.

3. How is my college transcript sent to my high school?

  • Gwinnett Tech will send one unofficial transcript per semester to the high school listed on your admissions application, at no cost to the student.  The student does not need to take any action for this process to be completed.
  • If your high school requires an official transcript, it is the responsibility of the student to request and pay for the official transcript through the following link:   Request Your Transcript
    • This form can be completed at any time.
    • If you indicate “Hold for Final Grades” then the final official transcript will not be sent until after final grades are posted. 
    • If you do not choose “Hold for Final Grades” your official transcript will be sent without grades for your in-progress classes. This may cause you to request another official transcript after grades have posted. A new request and payment will be required for each transcript.

4. If I want my Gwinnett Tech transcript sent to another college, what should I do?

Click on the Transcript Request page of our website

5. If I want my Accuplacer scores sent to another college, what should I do?

  • If you have taken classes with Gwinnett Tech, complete the Transcript Request form. Accuplacer scores are listed on your transcript.
  • If you have not taken classes with Gwinnett Tech, complete the Accuplacer Score Request Form. Allow 3-5 business days for this form to be processed.

6. Will all colleges accept my dual enrollment credits?

  • Gwinnett Tech is a SACS accredited college. There are 27 General Education core courses that are guaranteed to transfer from our college to other TCSG and USG schools in Georgia. However, it is the student’s responsibility to inquire with any college or university about their policy for accepting credits.

7. How does a Dual Enrollment student become a regular-admit student after high school graduation?

Review the Transition Steps to become a regular-admit student. It includes items such as an admissions application, residency documents and your final high school transcript.

8. How can I use DegreeWorks to verify that I am on track to complete my program of study major?

9. I took a course at another college. How do I get the credit to transfer to my Gwinnett Tech file?

Transfer credit evaluations are performed on all current “accepted” applications only. Transfer credit evaluations may take 4 to 6 weeks (from date of acceptance) to process and during peak periods, such as the three weeks prior to the start of a term, evaluations may take as long as 6 to 8 weeks.

10. How do I submit a grade appeal for a final course grade?

  • Please follow the steps outlined in the Grade Appeal process listed in the Course Catalog and Student Handbook.

11. How do I pay tuition and/or fees that are not covered by other sources of funding?

Any portion of tuition or fees that are not covered by funding for the dual enrollment student, must be paid for by the student. It is the responsibility of the student to know what sources and amounts of funding are available for the student. For more information on payment plans contact the Business Office at 678.226.6700 or GTC-BusinessOffice@GwinnettTech.edu.

12. How do I request a refund for a fee that I paid but is covered by a funding source?

“…will I get a refund?”

If you pay an amount without realizing that it is covered by an eligible funding source, you can request a refund from the Bursar office. For more information refunds, please contact the Bursar Office at 470-448-1212 or  Bursar@GwinnettTech.edu.