How to Apply and Complete Your Student File/Admissions Packet
The following items are needed for a complete student file/admissions packet. Please allow 7 business days for documents to be processed after we receive them.
- Degree level programs, including Early College Essentials
- SAT: Reading 17; Writing 17; Math 21
- ACT: English 14; Math 17, Reading 16
- Accuplacer: Read 236, Write 249; Math 229, Quant. Reasoning 245
- PSAT: Reading 17; Writing 17; Math 21 (Not PSAT 8/9)
- High School Cumulative GPA (completion of 9th grade) 2.6 or 81
- Diploma or Certificate level programs
- SAT: Reading 16; Writing 15; Math 18
- ACT: English 13; Math 14, Reading 14
- Accuplacer: Read 224, Write 236; Math 229,
- PSAT: Reading 16; Writing 15; Math 18 (Not PSAT 8/9)
- High School Cumulative GPA (completion of 9 grade) 2.0 or 73
- We can accept your high school GPA by one of the following methods:
- A transcript sent to our college from a 3rd party such as GaFutures, Parchment, etc.
- A transcript from your high school emailed to DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu
- An official email from your high school stating your name, current grade level and your GPA/Hope GPA, sent to DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu
- An official sealed transcript brought to or mailed to our college
- We can accept PSAT scores (Not PSAT 8/9) from the student if the score report is directly from CollegeBoard. The document must be an unaltered version, sent to us as a pdf that includes all pages and clearly shows the student’s name, month/year the PSAT was taken and the 2-digit score for each section
- We can accept SAT/ACT scores from CollegeBoard sent to our college
- Accuplacer information can be found here: Assessment Center Information
- Log in to your admissions application to view your status and see what items are needed to complete your student file
- Please note it can take approx. 5-10 business days for items to be added to your student file after they are received by the college
Register for Classes as a Dual Enrollment Student
Students register themselves for courses through their student dashboard account during the registration period.
DE funding is available for 10 graders to take approved CTAE/Technical Courses. A list of CTAE/Technical courses can be found in the Essential Technical Courses section of every program of study major: Program of Study List
Dual Enrollment funding is available for 11 and 12 graders to take approved Core/General Education Courses & CTAE/Technical Courses. A list of Core/Gen Ed courses can be found in the Essential General Education Core Courses of each program of study major: Program of Study List. A list of CTAE/Technical courses can be found in the Essential Technical Courses section of every program of study major: Program of Study List
Refer to www.GaFutures.org Dual Enrollment course directory for a complete list of courses approved for dual enrollment funding based on your grade level.
The student should contact our Office of Dual Enrollment to request an override by emailing DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu or replying to a previously received text message from Dual Enrollment.
Student needs to provide their name, GTC ID number and course number (example: MKTG 1000)
Please note that the student may be advised that a change of major may be needed to prevent future error messages from occurring.
Please allow up to 3 business days for processing.
Students can register during the registration period posted on the academic calendar. View the academic calendar. Dual Enrollment students register during the “Priority Registration: Dual Enrollment students” and during the “Priority Registration: New + Current students”