How to Apply and Complete Your Student File/Admissions Packet
The following items are needed for a complete student file/admissions packet. Please allow 7 business days for documents to be processed after we receive them.
1. Submit an Admissions Application
- Admissions Application is valid for three semesters or while the student is actively participating in dual enrollment courses
- How to Submit an Admissions Application
2. Dual Enrollment Tuition Acknowledgement (DETA) form
- Complete the DETA form
- Send the completed form to DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu
3. GaFutures Dual Enrollment funding application
- The online GaFutures dual enrollment funding application must be completed each academic year.
- The academic year order is considered Summer term, Fall term and Spring term.
- The annual dual enrollment funding application is released in February.
- Visit www.GaFutures.org for more information
- Watch a tutorial video from GaFutures
4. Submit Qualifying Test Scores
- Degree level programs, including Early College Essentials
- SAT: Reading 17; Writing 17; Math 21
- ACT: English 14; Math 17, Reading 16
- Accuplacer: Read 236, Write 249; Math 229, Quant. Reasoning 245
- PSAT (10 grade or later): Reading 17; Writing 17; Math 21
- HOPE GPA (10 grade or later): 2.6
- High School Cumulative GPA (completion of 9th grade) 2.6 or 81
- Diploma or Certificate level programs
- SAT: Reading 16; Writing 15; Math 18
- ACT: English 13; Math 14, Reading 14
- Accuplacer: Read 224, Write 236; Math 229,
- PSAT (10 grade or later): Reading 16; Writing 15; Math 18
- HOPE GPA (10 grade or later): 2.0
- High School Cumulative GPA (completion of 9 grade) 2.0 or 73
- We can accept your high school GPA or your HOPE GPA if sent to us in one of the following methods:
- A transcript sent to our college from a 3rd party such as GaFutures, Parchment, etc.
- A transcript from your high school sent to DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu
- An official email from your high school stating your name, current grade level and your GPA/Hope GPA, sent to DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu
- We can accept PSAT scores from the student if the score report is directly from CollegeBoard. The document must be an unaltered version, sent to us as a pdf that includes all pages and clearly shows the student’s name, month/year the PSAT was taken and the 2-digit score for each section
- We can accept SAT/ACT scores from CollegeBoard sent to our college
5. For Home-Study Students
Annual Declaration of Intent to Home School.
6. How to check your admission status
Video coming soon!
Register for Classes as a Dual Enrollment Student
1. How do I register for a class as a Dual Enrollment student?
Students register themselves for courses through their student dashboard account during the registration period.
2. I am a 10 grader. What courses are covered by Dual Enrollment funding?
DE funding is available for 10 graders to take approved CTAE/Technical Courses. A list of CTAE/Technical courses can be found in the Essential Technical Courses section of every program of study major: Program of Study List
3. I am an 11 or 12 grader. What courses are covered by Dual Enrollment funding?
Dual Enrollment funding is available for 11 and 12 graders to take approved Core/General Education Courses & CTAE/Technical Courses. A list of Core/Gen Ed courses can be found in the Essential General Education Core Courses of each program of study major: Program of Study List. A list of CTAE/Technical courses can be found in the Essential Technical Courses section of every program of study major: Program of Study List
4. Where can I find a complete list of courses that are approved for Dual Enrollment funding based on my grade level?
Refer to www.GaFutures.org Dual Enrollment course directory for a complete list of courses approved for dual enrollment funding based on your grade level.
5. If I get a “Field of Study Restriction” error message, what should I do?
The student contact our Office of Dual Enrollment to request the error be removed by sending an email to DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu or replying to a previously received text message from Dual Enrollment.
6. When can I register?
Students can register during the registration period posted on the academic calendar. View the academic calendar. Dual Enrollment students register during the “Priority Registration: Dual Enrollment students” and during the “Priority Registration: New + Current students”